Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Car Died From Sub Woofer And Amp E46 M3 Bad Alternator Or Battery?

E46 M3 Bad Alternator or Battery? - car died from sub woofer and amp

I have a 2005 E46 M3 convertible. I noticed that my battery indicator will turn red during hot days. The manual suggests, my alternator went out. My car only has 32k miles on the odometer. I have two JL Audio amplifiers in the back and a subwoofer in the back and I'm not sure it's draining my battery? I had friends check the battery and the car is currently supplying to 11.6 V to 11.8v-(fluctuating) with the car on the navigation lights and the air rose to 13.6 V, the generator will produce too. Who knows if the battery is dying or if my alternator is about to eject? I read that is usual with the E46 M3. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 comments:

Wyatt said...

Suppose you live in the U.S. - saves many parts of the battery and alternator is FREE. So remove the easiest first, the battery and take to the test. If it is found on "OK" - then you can take part in the car to a workshop run usually diagnosed from the alternator to charge, or you can remove the alternator and lead to a parts store that has a tester. If both are good to have a background check their amps, as they are linked, and if they manage to withdraw too much power for your vehicle. Thus, by process of elimination, there is no doubt that with your car.

Post a Comment